Langkawi is a majestic Malaysian island that is rich with pristine beaches, natural landscapes, iconic structures, and expansive parks. Millions of tourists from around the world visit this place every year. No first-time traveler should ever skip going to this part of the country.
Most first-timers in Malaysia ask, what are the top 5 go-to places in Langkawi? If you want to maximize your time and money, here is a short list of marvelous places that will definitely make you want to go back in Langkawi:
- Langkawi Sky Bridge. Tourists who have booked a cable car ride from the top of Mat Cincang will find the Langkawi Sky Bridge at the end of it. The bridge is located at 2,300 ft above sea level. The views up there are truly breathtaking. This 40-foot curved pedestrian bridge is the perfect spot for travelers who wishes to capture picture-perfect moments in Langkawi with their friends or loved ones.
- Dataran Lang. Also known as the Eagle Square, Dataran lang is a 12-meter statue of an eagle that is ready to fly. This famous landmark is set atop of an elevated pedestal in Kuah. This magnificent attraction is just five minutes away from restaurants and other shops, as well as the Jetty Point Mall, Kuah Jetty, Dalam Langkawi, and Taman Lagenda. This is a good place to relax after an exhausting but fun-filled trip across Langkawi.
- Pulau Payar Marine Park. The Pulau Payar Marine Park is the perfect spot for those people who love diving and snorkeling. Before they can do so, however, tourists must obtain a permit from the authorities. The best attraction in this park is the Coral Garden, which is an isolated part filled with colorful corals which are best enjoyed on a group tour.
- Underwater World Langkawi. Perfect for tourists who love seeing marine life and sea creatures, there is no other place for them to visit in Malaysia than the Underwater World Langkawi. Here, marine wildlife-lovers will see over 500 species of sea creatures like rockhopper penguins, seals, giant rays, sharks, and even the famous biggest fish freshwater fish called the Amazonian arapaima. Tourists can also interact with sharks, turtles, and stingrays through the 15-foot long underwater tunnel.
- Langkawi Wildlife Park. The Langkawi Wildlife Park is the best place for family and animal-lovers. This place is the home of 2,500 exotic birds ranging from flamingos, parakeets, canaries, ducks, toucans, eagles, owls, and hornbills. Travelers will also be amazed at the 15-meter tall manmade waterfall where the birds fly around and interact with tourists.
If you are planning to visit Malaysia, make sure that you include Langkawi on your travel list. There are numerous places to visit and things to experience in this UNESCO world geopark. One day is definitely not enough to visit all of the spectacular tourist destinations in Langkawi. All it takes is a simple visit and we guarantee that you will never say goodbye.