If you are planning to visit Port Dickson anytime soon, it’s highly recommended that you check out the coastal town’s mouth-watering food scene. The place is home to dozens of cafes and restaurants that offer everything from local recipes to international cuisine. If you don’t know where to start, below is a list of some of the best restaurants in the region:
- Lucky King Bun – A very popular dish in this restaurant is the Curry Chicken Bun, which is a gigantic piece of bread with curry baked inside of it. The staff serves it by cutting up the top of the bread in the form of petals to reveal the delicious chicken inside. The dish is so popular, that there are always people lining up to get their piece.
- Tino’s Pizza – If you’re looking for fresh home-cooked Italian food, this is the place to go. This joint offers pizza, spaghetti, fresh juices, pasta, smoothies, and Swiss bread. Everything is served fresh from the oven.
- Double Queue – Located strategically within the Port Dickson Waterfront, this restaurant serves the best Thai food in town. It has an extensive menu at very affordable prices. It’s highly recommended that you try their siakap fish recipe.
- Weng Yin Seafood Village Restaurant – If you’re craving for seafood that are prepared and cooked using Chinese methods, you should check out this seafood restaurant. Their dishes include fish, prawns, crabs, bamboo clams, cuttlefish, squids, and seaweed soups. You can rest assured that the ingredients are all fresh.
- The Verte – The dishes and prices in this restaurant are a bit more upscale, but it’s worth it because they’re truly delicious. The menu is composed of recipes that fuse local and international cuisine. You should sink your teeth into their Green Chicken Curry or their English Lamb Stew. Additionally, if you’re in the mood for a drink, you’ll love the place, because they serve different varieties of cocktails, beer, and wine.
In conclusion, restaurant-hopping is one of the most amazing things to do in Port Dickson. The place is a melting pot of eastern and western cultures, so you’ll have a lot of places to choose from. The restaurants discussed above compose just the tip of the iceberg. There are dozens of other cafes and restaurants in town that you can visit. So feel free to explore around and try other food spots.