Langkawi is a haven for people who love the outdoors because of the region’s verdant forests, rich seas, beautiful waterfalls, and pristine beaches. There are a lot of activities that both adventure seekers and nature lovers will surely enjoy. If it’s your first time to travel to the beautiful archipelago, here is a quick overview of some of the best Langkawi attractions that you should try:
- Go scuba diving in Pulau Payar. A visit to Langkawi won’t be complete if you don’t check out this popular scuba diving site. It’s a great introduction to the colorful and diverse marine life in the seas surrounding the islands. Each diving session lasts about two hours where you get to swim alongside schools of fish, seahorses, manta rays, barracudas, and snappers.
- Join an island-hopping tour. There are small boats offering these exciting tours, where you get to visit the most prominent islands and islets in the archipelago. During stops, you can get off the boat and go swimming, snorkeling, paddle boating, or sunbathing. A nice side activity in these tours is eagle watching, where you get to see eagles swoop in from the air during feeding sessions at the Senga Besar Island.
- Go horseback riding from the Seven Wells Waterfall in Gunung Mat Cincang to Telaga Harbor and Pantai Kok Beach. What better way to explore the region’s beaches and mountain trails than riding on a horse. You will be provided with riding equipment like saddles and helmets. If it’s your first time to ride a horse, a trainer will show you how before the trip. A guide will also be with you in the duration of the trip.
- Ride the Langkawi Cable Car then cross the famous Sky Bridge. These two interconnected structures are probably the most iconic destinations in Langkawi. The ride to the top is an experience in itself. Crossing the bridge is also memorable because you can see the verdant forests below and the blue seas from a distance.
- Climb to the peak of Gunung Raya. With an altitude of nearly 900 meters, this mountain is the highest peak in Langkawi. It’s a great place for hiking trips. To get to the top, you have to trek through a dense rainforest that’s teeming with birds and wildlife.
Langkawi is truly one of the best destinations in Malaysia especially for those looking for outdoor adventures. Whether you plan on staying there for a few days or for a week, you are assured that it’s going to be enjoyable and memorable. Not only that, getting there is rather easy if you’re coming from Singapore because there are direct flights connecting the two regions.